16 January 2008

January 2008 Newsletter

I hope you enjoyed a fantastic holiday season and ushered in 2008 with a bang! I know the holidays are generally a hectic time, and they certainly were for me, but I can't think of a better time of year to be with loved ones. Happy 2008 to you!

Lust Love Lost in OutVoice 2007 Top 10!
I just found out that "Lust Love Lost" placed #7 in the OutVoice Top 40 CD Chart! The CD placed at #4 in November but slipped to #8 in December. That's OK, the CD couldn't keep going up on the chart forever, and I'm grateful for all of your votes! I know I say this all the time, but THANK YOU so much for you continued support! Please vote for it again, and for some of your other favorite CDs - just click here!

New Live Recording!
Technology is so cool! I was given a DVD of an Indiegrrl showcase I played in at the 1794 Meetinghouse in New Salem MA, and extracted the audio from Street Light, accompanied by the talented Patty Keough on what we called "vocal shakers"! It's quite funny and makes me giggle every time I hear it, because I was laughing almost the entire time I was playing it live (and barely held the song together), and now I'm sharing it with you! Listen to it on the media player on my website, or on MySpace! Oh yeah, and be a MySpace friend if you're not already - send me a request! One day, I'll post the video, it's even funnier to watch!

Hey Carlyn, Where Are You Playing?
Hmmm, this is the part where I hesitate to say anything, because in all honesty, I'm not playing anywhere right now. Not because I don't want to, and not because I haven't had gig offers. It's because I'm having a wee little neck problem that makes it hard for me to play without pain. But don't worry, my physical therapist assures me that I will be playing as soon as I can. How's that for a non-committal answer on timeline?!?!? Laugh with me please, laugh with me! You'll know when and where I'm playing again as soon as I do!

JP Unplugged Acoustic Music Series
I'm lucky to be working with a group of very talented musicians (and a poet), and excited to be part of this music series holding one concert per month at the Loring-Greenough House in Jamaica Plain. Here is our upcoming schedule, all shows start at 8 pm and all seats are $10. Reserve your seats now at http://www.jpunplugged.org/Events.html.

February 9 - Berlee All Stars with Denise Barbarita
March 8 - Marc Douglas Berardo with Patti DeRosa
April 12 - Anne Heaton with Laura Bullock
May 10 - Kate Klim with Jess Yoakum
June 14 - 2nd Annual Lawn Concert - Free!

Emack & Bolio's Open Mike Night
Sadly, the open mike is still closed down for now. The last show we had in November was outstanding and very well attended. When it gets back up and running again, I'll let you know! Hopefully that will be in March or April, so stay tuned!

Quick Links
- Carlyn Hutchins Website
- Carlyn on MySpace
- Carlyn's EPK
- Lust Love Lost @ CD Baby
- Lust Love Lost @ iTunes

If you're still reading this, then thanks for slogging through the newsletter! And as always, I'll close this with great appreciation for your love and support. I hope to see you or hear from you soon!

Carlyn

No comments: