03 March 2008

March 2008 Newsletter

Hello Everyone!

Yes, I know I've been out of touch for a little while now, so I thought it was high time to get you caught up on what's going on in my world. There's nothing too earth shattering happening right now, but I do have some tiny tidbits of info to share!

Emack & Bolio's Open Mike Night Grand Re-opening on April 2nd!
The best news I've gotten so far in this very young new year is that my Open Mike Night at Emack & Bolio's in Roslindale is re-opening on April 2nd! I am planning for this night to be, well, GRAND! I will have lots of small thank you gifts (CDs, gift certificates, etc.) to give away throughout the night, in appreciation for everyone weathering the winter shutdown and to welcome you all back!

Here is the April schedule of featured performers, and I hope to see you out at the show! Signups for the open mike start at 6:30 and the open mike starts at 7. The featured performer goes on around 7:45.

April 2nd - Dave Coffin
April 9th - Sam Bayer
April 16th - Jenny Goodspeed
April 23rd - Chris Wilhelm
April 30th - Lisa Martin

Emack & Bolio's
2 Belgrade Avenue (across from the commuter rail station)
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-3323

Hey Carlyn, How Are Your Neck and Arm Feeling?
Well, I'm so glad that you asked! In a nutshell, my neck is much better, and my arm is getting better. I have a buddy who says "slow and steady wins the race" and I have to keep that in mind on a daily basis. I'm doing my best to smile and be a good sport about the whole thing.

There is a rumor that I am the featured performer at Java Jo's in Jamaica Plain on Friday March 28th - it's quite true! I'm working very hard to be able to play a 30 minute slot and I'm confident that if you come to that show, you will be very pleased. Here are the details:

Friday March 28th @ 8 pm
Java Jo's Coffee and Tea
3710 Washington Street (across from the Forest Hills T Station, free parking behind Java Jo's)
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
617-971-9300

Where Can I Buy "Lust Love Lost"?
If you are not yet fortunate enough to own a copy of my CD, check out the links above. You can buy it as a digital download directly from my website, or from CD Baby, iTunes, PayPlay, or any of the other digital distributors I have listed on my website. Want a physical CD, one you can actually hold in your hands and look at the credits and artwork? Then you want to check it out on CD Baby. Also, since you know where I'll be each Wednesday night starting April 2nd, you can buy it from me directly at the Open Mike Night. I will be more than happy to sign a copy for you!

Lust Love Lost Still on the OutVoice Chart!

"Lust Love Lost" is sitting strong at #5 on the OutVoice Top 40 CD chart, where you vote for your top artists! During 2007, your votes helped me place the CD at #7 for the year. I know I say this all the time, but THANK YOU so much for your votes and your continued support! To vote for it again, and for some of your other favorite CDs - just click here!

JP Unplugged Acoustic Music Series
I'm lucky to be working with a group of very talented musicians (and a poet), and excited to be part of this music series holding one concert per month at the Loring-Greenough House in Jamaica Plain. Here is our upcoming schedule, all shows start at 8 pm and all seats are $10. Reserve your seats now at http://www.jpunplugged.org/Events.html.

March 8 - Marc Douglas Berardo with Patti DeRosa
April 12 - Anne Heaton with Laura Bullock
May 10 - Kate Klim with Jess Yoakum
June 14 - 2nd Annual Lawn Concert - Free!

Quick Links
- Carlyn Hutchins Website
- Carlyn on MySpace
- Carlyn's EPK
- Lust Love Lost @ CD Baby
- Lust Love Lost @ iTunes

Thanks for reading this to the end! It turned out to be a much longer newsletter than I planned! And as always, I'll close this with great appreciation for your love and support. I hope to see you or hear from you soon!

Carlyn

No comments: