07 October 2008

October 2008 Newsletter

I just recently joined the Reverb Nation revolution, come and check out my new artist profile and become a fan or sign up on the mailing list! Just to entice you a little bit, I've made what they call a Tunepak - simply click the Tunepak link and listen some of my songs for free! Of course you can still buy or download my CD by following the links at the bottom of the page. Feel free to forward the Tunepak along to your friends - anybody can use the link and have a listen. And yes, this is what we call "shameless self promotion"!

You'll soon be getting an email from me, asking you to join my Reverb Nation mailing list. If you don't want to be on it, that's fine and I certainly won't take it personally, but you will not receive any more of my newsletters, and how sad would that be? You can sign up now if you'd like!


By this time you should already know about the new concert series I'm promoting called Driftwood Folk Cafe. Are you on the mailing list for it yet? If not, you can sign up by clicking this link. This is the best way for you to stay up-to-date on the latest news and information about the series. Our next show is Saturday October 11 at 8 pm, featuring Cliff Eberhardt with opening act Teresa Storch. Tickets are $16 and are available for purchase online, or at the door if seats are still available.


Fall 2008 Season Schedule (Doors open at 7:30, shows start at 8:00)

October 11: Cliff Eberhardt with opening act Teresa Storch - $16

November 1: Co-Bill: Anne Heaton and Chris O'Brien - $15

December 13: Brooks Williams with opening act Danielle Miraglia - $16


Spring 2009 Season Schedule (Doors open at 7:30, shows start at 8:00)

February 7: Greg Greenway with opening act Amy Petty - $15

March 13: Ellis with opening act Carlyn Hutchins - $15

April 11: The Kennedys with opening act Larry Zarella - $20

April 25: Gretchen Peters with opening act Lisa Martin - $20

May 9: Edie Carey with opening act Mally & Tom Smith - $15


Recently, I got great news regarding my Open Mike Night at Emack & Bolio's in Roslindale - it's under new ownership and is now going to remain open indefinitely! This is fantastic, because the previous owner shut the open mike down for the winter months. So get out your guitars and come out every Wednesday night to hang out with me!


I've added a new part of the monthly newsletter, "Carlyn's Fun Links", highlighting a few websites or videos that I run across that make my day to day just a little bit brighter. Or maybe they just speak to my sad and sometimes sick sense of humor!


Carlyn's Fun Links:


Gretchen Peters' MySpace Blog post (not to get too political, but this blog post from Gretchen is too precious to not get out there... this is the epitome of irony, and has had me chuckling all day long!)

LOL Cats (captioned pictures of cats doing all sorts of cat-type things - face it, it's just fun to say "I can has cheeseburger"!)

LOL Dogs (captioned pictures of dogs doing all sorts of dog-type things)

YouTourLikeaGirl.com (blog from Wendy Layton, Trina Hamlin's tour manager)


Lastly, I want to remind you all to get out there and vote in November. This is not a right, this is an obligation.


As always, with much love and appreciation for all of your support,


Carlyn


http://www.carlynhutchins.com

http://www.myspace.com/carlynhutchins

http://www.sonicbids.com/carlynhutchins


My CD "Lust Love Lost" is available at CD Baby and as a digital download from my website!

No comments: