05 December 2008

Carlyn Hutchins - December 2008 Newsletter

It's been much too long since my last newsletter (how do you like the new look, do you like the "Play Songs" feature, do tell!) and I wanted to touch base with you to wish you very warm holiday greetings! My Thanksgiving was very nontraditional, as I opted to laugh in the face of, well, tradition, and eat sushi instead! It was homemade and I have to say, was by far some of the best I have ever had - quite yummy!

It's been a little quiet in the world of
Carlyn Hutchins music lately, but the creative juices are flowing and I should be coming out with some new material in the next couple of months. You may have heard that my open mike night was shut down (without notice) by the owners of the cafe where I was hosting it. That was a bit of a blow... not completely unexpected but it is fair to say that it could have been handled a bit differently. However, I soldier on. I'm still not entirely sure I want to try and get it running somewhere else at this time, but those kind of things usually sort themselves out.

I will be doing some studio work with
Bethel Steele, laying down some shaker tracks on a handful of songs coming out on her new CD. I'll keep you posted when that is released! I'm very honored that she asked me to shake for her! Snicker snort, snicker snort, giggle giggle giggle... I really make myself laugh sometimes!

In other music news,
Driftwood Folk Cafe, a new music series that I host, book, and help operate in Plymouth MA is doing very well! Our next show is on Saturday December 13th, featuring the incredible Brooks Williams! Opening the show is the very lovely and talented Danielle Miraglia. We're very excited to present this show, and hope that you'll take an evening out of your busy holiday schedule to join us. Seats are available online in advance for $16, it's highly recommended to get them before the show, it just makes it easier for everyone. Doors open at 7:30 and the show starts promptly at 8:00. I don't know yet exactly which goodies will be at the treat table, but I can assure you, there will be plenty and it will all be tasty!

But wait... there's more! Since the holidays are approaching, I'm sure there is a music lover on your gift list... why not give the gift of music! My CD Lust Love Lost is available online at any of the retailers listed below, either as a real honest-to-goodness CD or as a digital download! They're also available through me directly, and as a holiday special, you can get two for the low low price of $17 ($8.50 each - what a deal!)... and I'll throw in a couple of copies of my 5-song EP too! That's 4 CD's for the low low price of $17! Send me an email, I'll tell you how you can pay... PayPal works... checks work... and... I'll even ship them to you for free! You will not get a better bargain than that!So, have yourself a very happy and healthy holiday season, and thanks for all of your wonderful support during the year.

Squishy hugs and love,

Carlyn


http://www.carlynhutchins.com/

Buy Lust Love Lost at these retailers:
CD Baby
iTunes
Amazon
Rhapsody

No comments: