17 January 2009

Carlyn Hutchins - January 2009 Newsletter

Greetings, and happy 2009 to you! I haven’t written since before the holidays and just wanted to touch base to let you know about some of the new and exciting happenings in my world.

If you need a little live Carlyn Hutchins music fix, I do have several shows coming up in February and March. You can see the details of the shows down below in the calendar section. I’m very excited about each of these, first and foremost because it gets me back out on the stage and playing for you (instead of to the coffeemaker in my kitchen). Secondly, it gets the creative juices flowing and I’ll probably be writing some new songs that I can put on a recording. Yes, there may be one in the works for late 2009 or early 2010, we’ll see, no promises!

On February 12th, I’m playing in Lisa Martin’s Songwriter Sessions, an in-the-round with Lisa Martin, Robin O’Herin, and Ian Fitzgerald. We have each been tasked with writing a new song based on the theme of “don’t wait for me”. My first instinct was to write something bitter and sarcastic (shocking, I know!), but this song seems to be taking an entirely different direction, which makes me very happy. If you want to hear it, I guess you’ll have to make your way to The Vanilla Bean Café in Pomfret CT on February 12th!

I will be the opening act for a couple of nationally touring indie songwriters in February and March. On February 20th, I’ll be playing at the Me&Thee Coffeehouse in Marblehead MA, opening for Western MA based Chris Pureka. On March 14th, I will be playing at Driftwood Folk Café in Plymouth MA, opening for Minnesota based Ellis. It would be great to see you at these shows, not just to support me, but also to support these very talented performers who are fortunate enough to be touring and performing for a living.

In addition to playing at these shows, I will also be playing more and more at the area open mike nights. As many of you know, I didn't play many shows during 2008 but I’m getting back into the swing of things. Recently, I played at the Me&Thee in Marblehead and at South Shore Folk Music Club in Kingston open mike nights. Although I was nervous, it felt really good to be on stage and playing again.

What about other news in my world? Well, there’s nothing much else going on. I’m still hosting, booking, and helping to run Driftwood Folk Café in Plymouth. Our next show is on February 7th and features Greg Greenway with opening act Amy Petty. You can read more about them and purchase advanced seats at Driftwood Folk Café.

So that’s all from here! Thanks for your continued support and hope to see you at some shows!

Warm hugs and love,

Carlyn

www.carlynhutchins.com

Buy Lust Love Lost CDs and MP3s from CD Baby!

No comments: