02 March 2009

March 2009 Newsletter

Hello! I have a big show coming up in March, and wanted to give you some details on it. I’m also working hard to book some more gigs, so keep yer eyes peeled on the calendar!

Recapping February, it was much busier for me musically than it has been in some time. This is good! I wrote a new song and started working on another. The show at The Songwriter Sessions was a lot of fun, as was the show at Me&Thee. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my feature at the new Roslindale Open Mike but I hope to get rescheduled there in the late summer or early fall.

On March 14th, I will be playing at Driftwood Folk Café in Plymouth MA, opening for Minnesota based Ellis. I highly recommend purchasing advanced seats for the show, $15 each. I’m especially excited to be opening for Ellis! There’s just something really special about opening for a musician who tours nationally, it’s quite an honor. Believe me, this is not a show to be missed, I guarantee that she will leave you laughing and feeling good!

Driftwood Folk Café at First Parish UU Church
19 Town Square
Plymouth, MA 02360
508-224-7024

Looking ahead, I’ll be playing at The Burren’s Songwriter Series on Sunday May 10th, hosted by Danielle Miraglia and Tom Bianchi. Looking way ahead, I’ll be the featured performer at Java Jo’s Open Mike Night on Friday October 16th, hosted by the lovely Ana Eder-Mulhane!

In other news, you can now visit me on YouTube! I have a few performance videos, most recently from the show at the Me&Thee Coffeehouse, where I opened for Chris Pureka. Check them out, and bookmark the page or subscribe to the RSS feed to stay updated when I post new videos.

Come and visit me on Facebook and be a fan! I just recently joined and created a fan page, so you have one more place you can go to get more news and information, listen to music, and watch videos, all in one place! It’s been really fun to be able to reconnect with old friends, but it’s been even more fun to have Facebook help me promote my music and make new fans. Feel free to share my Facebook fan page on your page too!

So that’s all I have for this month! Thanks for your continued support and hope to see you at Driftwood Folk Café on March 14th!

Warm hugs and love,

Carlyn

http://www.carlynhutchins.com


Lust Love Lost CDs and MP3s available at:

CD Baby
iTunes
Carlyn Hutchins Music Store

No comments: