10 February 2009

Carlyn Hutchins - February 2009 Newsletter

Hello! I have several shows coming up in February and March, and wanted to give you some details on them.

On Thursday February 12th, I’m playing in Lisa Martin’s Songwriter Sessions, an in-the-round with Lisa Martin, Robin O’Herin, and Ian Fitzgerald. The theme for which each of us needed to write a new song is “don’t wait for me”. I know most of you who are familiar with my music are probably thinking that I wrote something very tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic. You could not have been more wrong! If you want to hear it, I guess you’ll have to make your way to The Vanilla Bean Café!

The Vanilla Bean Café
450 Deerfield Road
Pomfret, CT 06258
1-860-928-1562

If you can’t make it to The Vanilla Bean, then please try and make it to see me open for Western MA based Chris Pureka on Friday February 20th! This show is at the Me&Thee Coffeehouse in Marblehead MA. I can’t tell you how excited I am to be opening for her, it’s quite an honor. You can read more about me and Chris, or purchase seats in advance for $15 each from the Me&Thee website.

Me&Thee Coffeehouse
28 Mugford Street
Marblehead, MA 01945
781-631-8987

Have you heard the news? There’s a new open mike that recently started up in Roslindale, MA called
Roslindale Open Mike. It’s hosted by Mr. Mike Delaney at the Roslindale Congregational Church every 2nd and 4th Monday. I am honored to be their featured performer on Monday February 23rd. Signups start at 6:30 and the music starts promptly at 7:00. I will play a 30 minute set starting around 8:00. There is no cover charge, but there will be a “pass-the-not-hat” as they call it (which I think is a basket). I will be donating 100% of the “not-hat” back to the church, to thank them for giving us wee musicians a new space to play in Roslindale. Please be generous!

Roslindale Open Mike at Roslindale Congregational Church
25 Cummins Highway
Roslindale, MA 02131

Lastly (but of course not leastly) on March 14th, I will be playing at
Driftwood Folk Café in Plymouth MA, opening for Minnesota based Ellis. I highly recommend purchasing advanced seats for the show, $15 each. I’m excited about all of my shows, but like the Marblehead show, I’m especially excited to be opening for Ellis. There’s just something really special about opening for a musician who tours nationally, it’s quite an honor. Believe me, this is not a show to be missed, I guarantee that she will leave you laughing and feeling good!

Driftwood Folk Café at First Parish UU Church
19 Town Square
Plymouth, MA 02360
508-224-7024

Well, there’s nothing much else going on. You can see me at some area open mikes, just played at The Vine in Plymouth (every Thursday night, hosted by Sherri Malone – lots of fun!). Also, I’m still hosting, booking, and helping to run Driftwood Folk Café in Plymouth. Our next show is on March 14th and features
Ellis with opening act Carlyn Hutchins (hey, that’s me!).

So that’s all I got! Thanks for your continued support and hope to see you at some shows!

Warm hugs and love,

Carlyn

http://www.carlynhutchins.com/

No comments: