04 May 2009

Carlyn Hutchins - May 2009 Newsletter

I hope you’re enjoying the lovely spring weather! I just got back from a fabulous 3 days at the Kripalu Center in Western Massachusetts, at a songwriting workshop hosted by Val Denn, The Nields, Eliza Gilkyson, and Gretchen Peters. I am feeling a burst of creativity since I left, not just because of the things I learned, but because of the feedback I got on my singing, songwriting, and performance skills. It’s easy to lose focus on the things we love to do, especially in these busy times, so being able to spend some time getting positive reinforcement was incredibly welcome.

Have you heard my demo of North Carolina Called yet? You can hear it by clicking on this link!

You can catch me on stage this coming weekend, I’ll be playing at The Burren on Sunday night, May 10th! The show starts at 8 pm, no cover charge but tips are appreciated! Also playing that night will be The And Company (Brian Tavener, Mally Smith, and Alle Santiago) and other special guests. You never know who will show up for a pint! My thanks to hosts Danielle Miraglia and Tom Bianchi for asking me to play!

The Burren
247 Elm Street
Davis Square, Somerville MA
http://www.burren.com

Driftwood Folk Cafe in Plymouth MA will be presenting its last show of the season on Saturday May 9th, featuring the Jason Spooner Trio with opening act Sam Chase! I highly recommend purchasing advanced seats for the show, $15 each.

Driftwood Folk Cafe at First Parish UU Church
19 Town Square
Plymouth, MA 02360
508-224-7024

Carlyn's social networking links:

YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
MySpace

I hope to see you at my show on Sunday, but if you can't make it, I hope to see you soon!

Squishy hugs and love!

Carlyn

http://www.carlynhutchins.com

No comments: