28 June 2009

Carlyn Hutchins - July 2009 Newsletter

Hey there!

It’s been too long since my last newsletter, but just to let you know, I’ve been a very busy gal! I worked quite a bit on booking shows, and managed to get me some attention, which is always a good thing! My buddy Rob would say that I’m using self-deprecating humor by telling you this, but I think not – most of the time when we try to book gigs, we don’t get any replies, so I think it’s very positive if I’ve gotten someone’s attention enough to get a reply of “not at this time” or “I’ll get back to you later”, so I think this is a step in the right direction! I’ve also been getting replies of “let’s work out a date”, which is part of the point of this email… I’ve got gigs! You can see the details of them on my calendar, but here’s what I have coming up in the next several months:

• July 11th, 2:45 @ Plymouth Harbor Folk Festival, Plymouth MA (Festival runs Noon to 7 pm)
• July 30th, 8 pm @ Rose Room Revue, Upton MA
• August 22nd, time TBA @ Move the Muse Fest, Brockton MA (Festival runs Noon to 8 pm)
• September 11th, 7:30 pm @ Oasis Coffeehouse, Waltham MA
• September 14th, 7 pm @ Roslindale Open Mike, Roslindale MA
• October 16th, 7 pm @ Java Jo’s Open Mike, Jamaica Plain MA
• October 24th, 8 pm @ The Bull Run Restaurant, Shirley MA

I’m very excited to be playing showcases at two festivals – this is huge for me as it’s my first time playing on stage at a festival, and I hope you all can come out and support them. I’m also hugely excited for the October 24th gig, as I’m opening for Coretta Sellars and she totally rocks. Just to clarify, I’m excited about *all* of my gigs and hope that you will be able to make one or two or three of them! :-)

In other fun news, my song "I Don't Know Why" was added into the rotation on Women of Substance Radio! Tune in on Monday nights, 10 to 11 pm Eastern Time to catch me on "Acoustic Show 1"!

On the music front, aside from booking gigs, I have also been working on some new songs, and polishing up a couple of older songs, because I’m thinking that it’s time to start working on a new CD! Yes, it’s been almost 3 years since Lust Love Lost was released, and I have a bunch of new songs since then. One of these songs is “North Carolina Called”, and if you haven’t heard it yet, be sure to click on this TunePak link!

In other news, you can now visit me on YouTube to see a few performance videos. Or, visit me on Facebook and Twitter, to keep up with me in 140 characters or less!

Big hugs and lots of love!

Carlyn

http://www.carlynhutchins.com

Buy Lust Love Lost at CD Baby, baby!


Carlyn's social networking links:
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
MySpace

No comments: