16 December 2009

Happy Holidays!

Warm holiday greetings to you!

I'm writing to wish you and your family a very warm and wonderful holiday season! Your support throughout this year has meant so much to me, from your kind words to your coming to the shows or buying CDs, I'm simply overwhelmed by how much my music means to you. It's one of the reasons I keep writing, because it makes me really happy to make someone else's day with a little bit of music. Sounds funny I know, but totally true!

I'll be taking some time off to work on some new music and to start plotting and scheming a plan to record a new studio CD!

My next show will be on February 27th, opening for Chuck E. Costa at the Upton House Concert series, hosted by my friend Rob Mattson. I hope you will put it on your calendar and come and hang out with us at Rob's house, because it is going to be a really fun show!

Yes! I want the Holiday Package!

Just in time for the holidays, Carlyn is offering up a super special you can order as the perfect small gift or stocking stuffer! For a limited time, $15 (includes S&H) gets you the following:
  • An autographed copy of "Lust Love Lost"
  • An autographed copy of Carlyn's 5-song EP
  • A digital download card redeemable for a full album download of Carlyn's new live EP So Far From Lost
  • A sticker, a button, and a guitar pick (because I know you're a true fan!)

Order before December 20th for guaranteed delivery before Christmas!


Something cool to ponder this holiday season...

I've written in the past about how I will be making charitable donations this season as opposed to buying material gifts for my friends and loved ones. Everyone is having a hard time this year, especially the organizations that are helping the needy, be they of the human or the critter variety. It's at times like these that I feel that those who can make donations to charitable organizations should. And it doesn't have to be a large donation, because even the little donations count.

I'll use the case of my friend Amy Petty as an example. She just released a new (and very beautiful) Christmas song called "A Lullaby for a King". She is donating every cent of that $0.89 download price to Habitat for Humanity. OK, so I paid a whopping $0.89 for the download, but if 99 other people do the same, or 999 people, or more... think about how much money that could be, and how much good it could do. It just goes to show that something so little, less than the price of a cup of coffee, can ultimately do so much more good. Just something to think about. How much good is that $0.89 doing in your pocket?

And... on that note, I will sign off, again wishing you and yours a very happy, healthy, and warm holiday season!

Peace, hugs, and love,

Carlyn

http://www.carlynhutchins.com

Visit me at these social networking sites!

Twitter
Facebook
MySpace
ReverbNation
YouTube

No comments: