15 January 2010

A New Year, A Plea for Help

Happy New Year to you!

While I hope that you are having a fabulous new year so far, I'm writing mainly to ask for your support. The magnitude of the earthquake in Haiti is becoming more and more apparent with each passing day. As an individual, I, like most of you, feel pretty helpless. But as a group, we can do much by making small contributions! I am reaching out to each of you to help me try and make a difference with the relief efforts. My goal is to raise $500 for Doctors Without Borders, an international medical humanitarian organization.


I'll start off the pot with $50, and will also donate the full purchase price for each sale of my new EP "So Far From Lost" to this worthy organization. Five bucks gets you some great new music you can download for your iPod or MP3 player. More importantly, your $5 will be going to an organization dedicated to provide emergency medical care for the men, women, and children affected by the earthquake in Haiti.


Now, I understand you might not be comfortable with the whole digital download thing. Maybe you're just one of those folks who really likes simply having a hard copy CD. No worries, I have that covered too! You can order an autographed copy of the new EP directly from me for $8 including shipping. Just visit The Store to order!


My next show will be on February 27th, opening for Chuck E. Costa at the Upton House Concert series, hosted by my friend Rob Mattson. I hope you will put it on your calendar and come and hang out with us at Rob's house, because it is going to be a really fun show!


Thank you so much for your attention, and for your support! If you would rather your $5 go directly to Doctors Without Borders, please donate directly to them, but tell 'em I sent you!


Peace, hugs, and love,


Carlyn


Visit me at these social networking sites!


Twitter
Facebook
MySpace
ReverbNation
YouTube

No comments: